South Ribble Dementia Action Alliance (SRDAA)
South Ribble Partnership is proud to support the Dementia Action Alliance.
SRDAA is made up of individuals and organisations that are committed to transforming the quality of life for people living with dementia in South Ribble.
They also look to support the many people caring for friends or relatives that have dementia.
Who is in the Alliance?
Members include Lancashire Fire & Rescue Service, Lancashire Police, Age Concern Central Lancashire, Home Instead, Preston Care and Repair, Alzheimer’s Society, and many more.
The purpose of the alliance is to provide the forum and space for organisations to come together and collaborate on key actions and priorities. As an alliance, we have agreed that we will collectively seek to:
- Keep members informed
- Provide members with support and trainin
- Develop the way carers and people living with dementia are included in decisions for the future
Working Towards Dementia Friendly Communities
How have we achieved our ‘Dementia Friendly Community’ status?
- Launched the South Ribble Dementia Charter and welcomed our first Charter Members to the programme
- Received £1000 in grant aid to provide training sessions to businesses to develop dementia friendly highstreets
- Continued to promote and recruit lots of new Dementia Friends by providing awareness sessions – this includes the Leyland Market traders and our Leisure Centres
- Continued to support the Leyland Neighbourhood Forum, which hosts regular Dementia Hubs at Leyland Market
How can you get involved?
- If you are a Business you can get involved by becoming part of the Dementia Charter Community that has been set up in South Ribble.
- As an individual you can become a Dementia Friend