Organisations from across South Ribble have come together to work in a different way so that they can better help those vulnerable people and families in South Ribble.
When one of our partner organisations undertakes their visit to a home, i.e. for a benefits assessment; that organisation will now be also looking to ensure that their client gets the support that is available out there should they need it. This could be a fire safety assessment, or it could be help with scam mail or some simple home adaptations.
The Home Security and Fire Safety strand of our project includes the following organisations who all offer services around helping vulnerable people to remain independent in their home.
- Preston Care and Repair - Help and advice for minor and or major adaptations to the home
- Progress Housing Group - Lifeline and Telecare Services to remain independent in the home for longer
- Trading Standards - Assist with reports of Bogus Callers, Scam Mail and Clairvoyant Scams (Think Jessica Campaign)
- Lancashire Fire and Rescue - Fire Safety Assessment and a Range of Equipment that can be offered
- Lancashire Police - Neighbourhood Policing Team - speak with the local neighbourhood policing team to raise awareness of ongoing issues and victims of crime
Safe and Secure Leaflet
With the support of our partners, we have produced a short leaflet with a number of tips on how you can make your home a safer place. These tips come from the Police, the Fire Service, Preston Care and Repair, Progress Housing and Trading Standards.
Please download a copy of our leaflet 'Safe and Secure' and see what it is you can do to help keep your home safe and secure.
Want to Get Involved?
If you are a public sector organisation or voluntary/community/charitable organisation and you work with people in their homes then we would like to hear from you.
Your clients may benefit by you being able to directly refer to our partner organisations. Participating groups are provided with referral materials to ensure that you correctly refer to the appropriate organisation.
If you are interested in joining our project then contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us on 01772 625546